What an unschooling family does at low tide each day in Lincoln City, Oregon.
You'll find us from Bandon to Pacific City hunting Agates, Petrified Wood, Floats, and Shells.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Final Step!

YEAH! We’ve walked the WHOLE THING! From Mystery beach, north of NW 72nd Street down to Hwy 101 and 51st street in Taft.

I started tracking our walks on  MapMyRun.com – to see where we were going, and how far – and then it became a challenge to walk the entire beach line.  A few of these entries I’ve done 5 or more times, the Moe’s to Spanish Head and the 72nd to the Cliffs, too many to count.

A - NW 72nd To Mystery Beach -1.600

B- NW 72nd To NW 50th Roads End - .400

C-1 Roads End NW 50th To Chinook NW 39th -  2.220

D3 - NW 35th To NW 40th - 0.720

E2 NW 22nd Long Back/Forth Stairs To NW 35th - 1.690

F - 15th (Drive Down Ramp) To 22nd Long Back Forth Stairs. - 0.730

G - NW 15th To D River - 1.030

H - SW 11th To D River - 1.030

I - SW 11th To SW 35th Nelscott - 2.640

J - SW 35th To The Inn At Spanish Head - 0.670

K - Moes To Inn At Spanish Head - 1.730

Equals 15.46 Round Trip Miles. The boys have been on all of these with me – I wonder if that is like 72 miles by dog foot. ?

A few of these entries I’ve done 5 or more times, the Moe’s to Spanish Head and the 72nd to the Cliffs, too many to count.

Homeschool, Beach, PE Homeschool, Beach, Walks, Exercise

Nate took a couple of pics of the last over lapping step. :)

No comments: