Home after a long 6 hours at the beach watching the boys build and the maintain their octopus in the changing weather and meandering tourists.
I think Jon had his picture taken a bajillion times – Nathan wandered and found boys from the youth group and met a new homeschool friend who is twelve, but found out he doesn’t live here. Darren and I sat in our chairs drinking water trying not to voice opinions of how to do their project.
In the Child Category- 12 and under – parents were not allowed to help at all. Strangely, the two winners, had mom in the pit quite often . . . the top winners over all had plastic buckets supporting their figure . . .a no no.
The awards were anti climatic – quickly passed out and jumbled, judged 30 minutes early, rain was dripping.
Really deflating for a hard day’s work, I must confess to being a little pouty. (Feeling MUCH better now.)
There were about 11 child entries that I could see, only 2-3 standing alone without parents getting all the water and wet sand.
Seems like there would be a moment of thankfulness to the entrants – without us – thousands of tourists would not have filled the Taft beach!
So – Thank You Jon and Nate for participating!!! In the end – we had a great day in the sand talking to A LOT of people. :)
Here’s a little slide show of the day for ya:
What was your favorite adult creation?
Adapting
-
I found the coolest shore pine twisted bent pressed backwards and forwards
maybe by wind or water or vandalism yet a bent broken branch chooses to
grow tow...
9 months ago



8 comments:
What a fun day at the beach! Loved the pics :) Thanks for tweeting about it.
Great! Thanks for sharing!
We were there. I was googling to see who the winners were. I am a homeschooling mom from Albany :) Good job following rules!
I thought ya'll were Barbara Manatee, but see that it would be y'all from your blog. My main homeschool blog is over at wordpress, http://pebblekeeper.wordpres.com
We couldn't really tell too much who the winners were, they said their names so quickly, did not describe their project, and then everyone ran off. So, if I recognized a builder - then I knew. :) Otherwise - nope. :)
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]online casino[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]free casino games[/url] free no store bonus at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino
[/url].
I enjoyed looking at your pics! Thanks for sharing. It made me think we should do this at the gulf!
Post a Comment