What an unschooling family does at low tide each day in Lincoln City, Oregon.
You'll find us from Bandon to Pacific City hunting Agates, Petrified Wood, Floats, and Shells.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dinosaurs Found with Alligators

IMG_2809

I have been sick for a week – a horrid chest cold – the kind that you are praying  more to die than to heal in the middle of it - - - so the blogs and pics have slowed.  However, life does not stop when mamma does – The dog still needs walked! We went out to Road’s End, I hunkered down clinging to a piece of driftwood log with one hand and a cup of hot lime & honey tea in the other –

IMG_2820When Jon comes up with his big find  -A Dinosaur.   I busied myself taking pictures when he started screaming that he had now found an Alligator.  I was feeling sorry for the poor kid that forgot his little toys on the beach, when he came up to me with an actual lizard! IMG_2825Imagine my surprise! The closest thing we could come up with is an  Oregon Alligator Lizard. The boys had fun checking him out, then put him back.  Glad I had my cell phone camera! 

 

 

IMG_2813My lil Rock Hounds IMG_2814   IMG_2826I was still having fun with my Dinosaur. IMG_2831Grey Belly   IMG_2837Here’s Lookin Atcha! IMG_2839